Via Disability Rights UK Taking Charge Price: £13.99
A practical guide to living with a disability or health condition
- Do you want to live the life you choose?
- Do you want to find out how to do this?
- Do you want to read about people in the same or similar situations?
If you have a physical or mental health condition, have just been given a life-changing diagnosis or your health is starting to worsen in later life. ‘Taking Charge’ is the publication for you.
There is no other existing publication that pulls together in one place your ‘rights’ to a decent life, with choice and control – giving information on ‘what you have a right to expect’ from services, education and employment. The guide is intended to complement our ever popular Disability Rights Handbook.
About the guide
The first part of the book deals with planning and managing your life, for instance after an accident or diagnosis, or as life changes.
Then each section deals with an area of life:
- Personal health and social care
- Technology and equipment
- At home
- Your family
- Getting around: travel and mobility
- Leisure, sport, community activities
- Learning, working, contributing
DISTRIBUTED THROUGH A THIRD PARTY